We Are Hiring...
OneLife is looking to hire two new staff to lead our KidsLife & Mix Youth ministries. If you or someone you know might be interested please contact us directly by clicking HERE.
OneLife Community Church is an innovative growing church rooted in NE Seattle. Our church is made up of a group of regular people of all ages, from many different backgrounds. We see our church not as a building or religious institution, but as people who are actively trying to live by the power of God's spirit in us. We give our attention to Jesus as the source, inspiration & the focus of our worship & though we don't always do it well, we believe we are to love all, forgive ourselves & others, & heal what we can of the brokenness in our own hearts & neighborhoods. We believe God can help us learn to live & love in ways that change us, & our little corner of the world, for the better. We are currently looking to build our staff to help us do this.
KidsLife Director & The Mix Youth Director:
Our KidsLife & Mix Youth programs are two of our strongest ministries & we are currently looking for new people to bring their passion for children, youth, & families to the next level. We have a team oriented, outward focused, & collaborative staff, as well as a very healthy volunteer leadership base to build from.
- The KidsLife Director is responsible for overseeing, managing, & coordinating the KidsLife ministry at OneLife Community Church for children aged birth through 5th grade.
- The Mix Youth Director is responsible for overseeing, managing, & coordinating The Mix Youth Ministry at OneLife Community Church for students in Jr. & Sr. High [6th-12th grade].
Position Requirements & Qualifications:
- Be a professing, committed, follower of Jesus Christ
- Have previous leadership experience working with children/youth
- Have demonstrated organization & communication skills, & be detail-oriented
- Must be able to work well with others & function as a team player at all levels including the KidsLife & the Mix volunteer team, leaders, parents, children, youth, OneLife staff, OneLife elders, & the overall congregation
- Be self-motivated, eager to work, fun, & have strong personal discipline
- Be willing to become a member & regular attendee of OneLife Community Church if not already
- Have demonstrated ability to recruit volunteers & delegate tasks wisely
- Attend weekly staff meetings, planning times, church retreats, & denominational meetings including regional gatherings & annual conference
- Involved in a core group or neighborhood care group [either leading, hosting, or simply participating]
- Engaging in the day-to-day life of the community the church is in [Wedgwood/Bryant]
Position Responsibilities & Duties:
- Coordinate, recruit, support, train, & schedule, volunteers for all KidsLife & Mix Youth ministries & activities
- Perform all weekly tasks in preparation of the week’s KidsLife & Mix Youth activities
- Ensure safe church policies & procedures including volunteer application forms, running background checks, counsel, etc.
- Promote faith formation in all aspects of KidsLife & Mix Youth ministries
- Act as point person between church leadership & KidsLife/Mix ministry leaders to effectively embrace church-wide efforts at the children’s & youth ministry level
- Understand the curriculum being used & provide encouragement & feedback on it
- Foster strong connections between children, youth, & the programs/leaders
- Research best practices & implement them
- Promote inclusion of children & youth in all church activities as appropriate
- Speak to the needs of KidsLife & The Mix Youth at all levels of church leadership
- Receive input about KidsLife & The Mix from the congregation & respond accordingly
- Resolves complex feedback & issues
- Plan annual budget
The KidsLife & The Mix Youth Director positions are supervised primarily by the OneLife Community Church Co-Lead Pastors, through staff meetings, quarterly & annual reviews/evaluations, prayer, etc. The OneLife Elder Board provides additional support, prayer, & counsel, as well as administers the annual staff reviews.
- Please send applications including all items listed below HERE.
- Cover letter
- Philosophy of ministry
- 3 references [2 professional & 1 personal non-family]
- Accepting applications now until position is filled
- For more information contact Rich Sclafani – Co-Lead Pastor | 206.240.2512