KidsLife Director: Our KidsLife program is one of our strongest ministries & we are currently looking for a new person to bring their passion for children & families to the next level. We have a team oriented, outward focused, & collaborative staff, as well as a very healthy volunteer leadership base to build from.
Position Definition: The KidsLife Director is responsible for overseeing, managing, & coordinating the KidsLife ministry at OneLife Community Church for children aged birth through 5th grade.
Position Requirements & Qualifications:
- Be a professing, committed, follower of Jesus Christ
- Have previous leadership experience working with children
- Have demonstrated organization & communication skills, & be detail-oriented
- Must be able to work well with others & function as a team player at all levels including the KidsLife volunteer team, leaders, parents, children, OneLife staff, OneLife elders, & the overall congregation
- Be self-motivated, eager to work, fun, & have strong personal discipline
- Be willing to become a member & regular attendee of OneLife Community Church if not already
- Have demonstrated ability to recruit volunteers & delegate tasks wisely
- Attend weekly staff meetings, planning times, church retreats, & denominational meetings including regional gatherings & annual conference
- Involved in a core group or neighborhood care group [either leading, hosting, or simply participating]
- Engaging in the day-to-day life of the community the church is in [Wedgwood/Bryant]
Position Responsibilities & Duties:
- Coordinate, recruit, support, train, & schedule, volunteers for all KidsLife ministries & activities
- Perform all weekly tasks in preparation of the week’s KidsLife activities
- Ensure safe church policies & procedures including volunteer application forms, running background checks, counsel, etc.
- Promote faith formation in all aspects of KidsLife ministries
- Act as point person between church leadership & KidsLife ministry leaders to effectively embrace church-wide efforts at the children’s ministry level
- Understand the curriculum being used & provide encouragement & feedback on it
- Foster strong connections between children & the programs/leaders
- Research best practices & implement them
- Promote inclusion of children in all church activities as appropriate
- Speak to the needs of KidsLife at all levels of church leadership
- Receive input about KidsLife from the congregation & respond accordingly
- Resolves complex feedback & issues
- Plan annual budget
Supervision: The KidsLife Director position is supervised primarily by the OneLife Community Church Co-Lead Pastors, through staff meetings, quarterly & annual reviews/evaluations, prayer, etc. The OneLife Elder Board provides additional support, prayer, & counsel, as well as administers the annual staff reviews.
- Please send applications including all items listed below HERE.
- Cover letter
- Philosophy of ministry
- 3 references [2 professional & 1 personal non-family]
- Accepting applications now until position is filled
- For more information contact Rich Sclafani – Co-Lead Pastor | 206.240.2512
TO DOWNLOAD OUR APPLICATION CLICK HERE.