Hello OneLife Community Church Friends & Family,
Here is an update on some things regarding re-opening. As many of you know Washington State has moved into a 4 phase safe opening strategy as outlined by Governor Inslee. In response to this we have been planning out what we will be able to do in those different stages. We have been receiving help and insight from several sources that include:
- Local and National health dept.
- CDC guidelines for reopening faith based spaces, and how to clean and sanitize those spaces and what to watch for that is specific to the kinds of activities that typically happen at churches. Including communion, food, singing, etc.
- We have received counsel and gotten resources from our Local and National denominational leadership of Assemblies of God.
- We have networked with other churches in our area to brainstorm and process together through the different ways other churches are dealing with this.
- And we have put together a COVID 19 advisory group from within our church of people from the medical field, sciences, and health department.
We have been processing a lot of information that impacts everything we do. Every ministry and every gathering that we do is impacted by this now and as we move forward. So there are three things coming out of this that we want you to know.
1. We will have to do things differently, and we get to do things differently.
- As we move ahead we want you to know that we are not thinking of this as returning to the way things were.
- But we also believe that God has shown us some things though all this that are going to be things that we want to keep in order for us and our communities to flourish.
- So we are looking at every ministry and activity that we facilitate and asking what needs to change here? How does that change need to take place? And who will lead that? Because what we have seen in the midst of this is the priesthood of believers really stepping up and taking on new roles to help people flourish and it has been amazing!
2. We believe that this is a time where the church will be renewed and revived and be present in our communities in new ways. For several years we have talked about faithful presence and that your presence and participation are crucial to the mission of Jesus. And we believe that as we move forward this is going to really be life changing in our homes, workplaces, neighborhoods and our cities.
3. We want you to know that we do not know when we will be transitioning into any of these different stages but we will do our best to keep you updated as soon as we do know. And that is why we are planning things out now so that we are not making decisions on the fly. We are not looking to rush into anything but we want to be wise in all things that we do.
TO WATCH THE 4 PHASE PLAN TO REOPEN THE CHURCH VIDEO ANNOUNCEMENT - CLICK HERE
TO READ THE 4 PHASE PLAN - CLICK HERE
We want to ask you to pray for all the staff and the elders as we continue to process and work through these plans. There is a lot of information and more keeps coming to our attention and things change a from moment to moment. SO please pray for wisdom for us.
Lastly we want to thank all of you for the many, many ways you have stepped up and been present throughout all this. We keep hearing stories of the things that you all are doing and we are so encouraged, blessed, and honored to be able to partner with you all as we live out what it means to follow Jesus in the midst of all of this.
So from the OneLife staff and elder board we thank you & we look forward to being with you online live Sundays at 10!
SCROLL DOWN TO